perjantai 23. marraskuuta 2012

The Shining (1980) 1/2 (Hated it)

"I'd like to smack the people who tell me it's the scariest movie ever made."

"Heeeeeeeeeere's Johnny"
it shouldn't be considered a horror film but rather a comedy

He is a caretaker and must take care (duh) of the hotel during the winter

The only horrifying thing about it is how it became so popular.

I found this rubbish film in the horror section. If I owned a video store I'd put it in the BORING section. 


I never understood what is the big deal about Stanley Kubrick.

A Clockwork Orange had so many ugly scenes and unlikeable characters. The music was horrible too.

"if the filmmaker is a genius, then the film is a work of genius and must be excellent."

He is one of those directors who produces very long, boring movies

Try watching a few scenes on fast forward, and you'll get the joke.


fans of the far larger Stephen King world were severely disappointed.

Stanley Kubrick f*cked Stephen King's book big time!!!


I ask again, how is this scary? How?

Friday the 13th was nominated for worst pic the same year and the movie is 100% scarier and better than this movie.

Everyone talks about the bicycle scene with amazement. Yes, it was interesting, but...

The hatchet scene is the best (the only best) scene of the movie.

Then there is that ridiculous hedge maze.

yeah, there is no maze in the book


The end is the worst ending ever possible

SHELLY DUVALL=Deserved to die, she was that annoying.

She looks like Olive Oyl from the POPEYE cartoons.

She was just annoying and I was pleading with the movie for her death.

What can I say? I would have killed this mealy mouthed, butt ugly, whiny woman long before he did.


There really was nobody for me to cheer for.

The kid talking to his finger is another idiotic

being locked up with those two would put anyone's nerves on edge.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti