maanantai 28. lokakuuta 2013

Back to the Future (1985)

The most overrated film ever made. Definitely not worth the hype.

I always regard the eighties as the weakest decade for movies.
"There are of course the kind of complications that usually follow from time travel."
Weekend movies are made just to make us have some fun while we watch It.

This one is about time travel, time travel to the past.

But there are of course the kind of complications that usually follow from time travel.

Science Fiction = Fiction based on scientific facts.

Flux Capacitor and time traveling dogs are hardly supported by science!

This film is not science fiction. It is fantasy. Science fiction should make some attempt at plausibility.

It's 1955 now and we note that the state of the town is rather better in most respects. No garbage on the streets.
"It was irresponsible for a film to show such potentially fatal activities as skateboarding on the back of vehicles."
J. Fox tried to look ultra cool, but he couldn't.

He is constantly on the move, frenetic and frantic, forever running to or from one thing or the other, and shouting "Doc!" a lot.

You can't help thinking someone as boyish and short could never really be so cool.

Christopher Lloyd was cool but not properly utilized!
The thrill of this movie for me begins when Marty travels back in time.

Teenage girl who will become his Mom falls for him.

The movie Back to the Future (1985), allowed me to live this fantasy.


Pros:
+ The famed Delorean automobile... he was driving away at a heightened rate of speed in the automobile.
+ Biff gets everything he deserves.
+ Anybody who hates this movie probably hates babies and laughs at people when they're a few dollars short
+ If Sigmund Frued saw this movie he'd be foaming and frothing at the mouth

Cons:
(-) I was annoyed by the background music.
(-) Marty's continual, idiotic 'slip-ups' with 1985 references in 1955 give me a headache and make me wonder if he's not mentally defective.
(-) "Marty's" father (Crispin Glover) was a disgusting wuss.
(-) The close relationship, between mother and son, was a little over the top for me.
(-) Lloyd's overacting could also grow irritating for some.

Summary:
I like this movie okay.

Overall the idea of going back in time was awesome! However, the whole idea of my mother being attracted to me was very creepy. I believe that many of the movie goers would agree with me.

Not something that I would really want to have in my DVD collection.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti